I am OBSESSED with Mark Bonchek. I would like to have coffee with him one day. His teachings about exponential or growth mindset have fundamentally changed the way I think and has enabled me to solve just about any type of problem.
When I’ve shared this revelation with friends they want to know how to do it. I believe anyone can be taught this method and it can be applied to any type of situation. Below is a compilation of articles, videos, and audio I’ve absorbed to understand this method. I will continually update this page.
How to get a growth mindset (Mark Bonchek)
- Start with why, Simon Sinek’s Ted Talk on how great leaders inspire action
- Are you thinking incrementally or exponentially?
- Customer centricity and mental models
- The mindset doctrine. Identify first how are you thinking about the problem? Are you thinking with an incremental mindset or an exponential mindset?
|Incremental mindset||Exponential mindset|
|Set realistic goals||Set ambitious goals
– Think in the magnitude of changing an industry or world
– Think of Elon Musk’s goal to make humans an interplanetary species by pursuing a mission to people on Mars
|Follow the plan||Follow the vision
– Maximize for adaptability to the changing landscape
– It’s a direction and not a destination
|Minimize risk||Maximize learning and unlearning
– Learn by doing!
– How can you scale personalization so that its cost is negligible compared to mass-produced?
|Centralize decision-making||Empower decision-making|
|Expand authority||Expand influence|
|Make your numbers||Grow your network
– Break monopolies of information, idea generation, creation, and decision-making
– Many to many (platform thinking)
Below is a copy of my presentation of Exponential Mindset given at Domi Station on October 18, 2018. Exponential Mindset 20181018